Benita Ferrero-Waldner, former EU Commissioner for External Relations and Neighbourhood Policy at the Energy Globe World Awards in Rwanda: “One third of the world population still lacks sufficient energy and water supply. The access to clean energy and water is crucial for overcoming poverty and for a careful treatment of our planet. Sustainable development thus means for us to fight poverty, to protect our resources and to create worldwide minimum social standards. Because: There is only one world for all of us,”
US Secretary of Energy Steven Chu: “Senator Lugar..I welcome your introduction today of the Practical Energy and Climate Plan Act of 2010. In particular, I appreciate your ideas for reducing America’s oil dependence – which has taken on greater urgency as a result of the BP oil spill. I also commend your focus on energy efficiency, which as you have noted is the fastest, cheapest route to our energy and climate change goals…From Germany to China, countries around the world are moving aggressively toward clean energy technologies and we cannot afford to sit on the sidelines.”
- “Ethanol vs water”: critics say climate change will make biobased climate change mitigation strategies too water-intensive
- EU does not blink on biodiesel despite climate change concerns
- “European Commission pressured by biofuels lobby, says Oxfam .”
- Dorgan in line for DOE post; Lincoln a back-up; Browner moving up: DC rumors
- “Destroying wildlife, moving villagers with teargas/beatings for ecofriendly biofuels?”
- “The Nexus between Food, Water, & Energy.”
- Today in Biofuels Opinion: "Permafrost in the East Siberian Arctic Shelf could push the world closer to the tipping points for abrupt climate changes."
- Today in Biofuels Opinion: "Current observational tools cannot account for roughly half of the heat."
- "Using Corn Ethanol to Develop Carbon Capture and Storage."
- “Water Implications of Biofuels Production in the United States.”
- Opinion: "Why is it that for the last 20 years the United States is unable to have a bill on climate change?"
- "Shoo, Chu!", urges Obama insider, calling for DOE chief's ouster
- The Government and Climate – Ouch! – Bioenergy PROFITS Principle, Position Only for Growth
- On-again, off-again US climate bill flip-flops to on-again (sort of)
- US releases Climate Action Report; urgent warning on climate change, public perception