“50 Hottest Companies in Bioenergy” CEOs; administration officials, investors, and scientists to attend the industry’s best networking and partnering event.
Readers: I am delighted to announce that Biofuels Digest’s Advanced Biofuels Leadership Conference will return on April 19-21, 2010, at the Capital Hilton, in Washington DC.
Last year, we had 250 attendees, and C-level leadership representing 69 percent of planned advanced biofuels capacity by 2012, including 57 CEOs and Presidents, plus leadership from USDA, DOE, and EPA. We expect even more this year.
This year’s conference already includes:
• Presentations from 9 of the 15 top ranked bioenergy companies in the world
• Special session on renewable chemicals
• Special session on aviation biofuels – featuring major aviation and airline fuel buyers – in co-operation with the Civil Aviation Alternative Fuels Initiative (CAAFI), and the Air Transport Association (ATA)
• Special session on military biofuels – featuring major military fuel buyers
• A special pre-conference workshop on April 19th will feature an interactive dialogue with DOE, USDA and EPA officials, as well as industry executives, investors, scientists…and you.
• Produced in cooperation with with the Advanced Biofuels Association
• With, more speakers and features to come…
“50 Hottest Companies in Bioenergy” Presenters include:
John Melo, CEO, Amyris Biotechnologies (#1)
Jonathan Wolfson, CEO, Solazyme (#2)
Bill Haywood, CEO, LS9 (#4)
Wes Bolsen, CMO, Coskata (#8)
Lee Edwards, CEO, Virent (#11)
Bill Brady, CEO, Mascoma (#12)
Rich Hamilton, CEO, Ceres (#13)
Rick Wilson, CEO, Cobalt Technologies (#14)
Jim Rekoske, VP/GM, Honeywell’s UOP (#15)
Plus, special speakers on renewable chemicals, including
Chas Eggert, CEO, OPX Biotechnologies
Kelly Ogilvie, CEO, Blue Marble Biomaterials
Jim Stoppert, CEO, Rivertop Renewables
Plus advanced biofuels processing and feedstock strategies, from:
Tom Todaro, CEO, Targeted Growth
Kef Kasdin, CEO, Proterro
Eran Baniel, CEO, HCL CleanTech
Mark Emalfarb, CEO, Dyadic
Plus Policy overview from:
Mike McAdams, President, Advanced Biofuels Association
The initial conference agenda and speakers list is here – but there is more to the ABLC than just the formal agenda. We are looking forward to a series of side events that will involve even more CEOs and senior leadership in Advanced Biofuels – as well as Administration officials from USDA, DOE and EPA.
For companies recently recognized among the “Hottest Companies in Bioenergy,” we will have “The Biofuels Digest Hot 50” Awards Reception an awards event on the first evening of the conference.
Since we are emphasizing networking, dialogue, and the exchange of ideas, there are some limitations imposed by room size. I encourage you to register promptly, as we are expecting a sellout.
Readers, keep in mind that we sold out six weeks prior to last year’s event, so don’t wait.
We are also formally opening the process today for conference sponsorships that will help those of you with special visibility and commercial goals. For Sponsorship and Exhibit Information, please contact:
Alliance Biofuels Conferences,, LLC