As with last year, we are putting a list of the Top 100 People in Bioenergy together, but as with all Digest rankings and lists, we’d like you to participate.
We’d like you to suggest as many people as you like, and in a few sentences explain why you think they are amazing, important, unforgettable or otherwise transformative people to know in bioenergy or bio-industry.
Are they worth knowing because they are powerful – commanding important corporate, research, association or policy positions?
Or because they are smart – the developers of new technologies, policies or companies that will advance the industry even further towards its goals in green jobs, energy security and reduced greenhouse gas emissions?
Nominations and Voting Process
We’ll keep the nominations link open through the end of the week, and we’ll have subscriber voting all next week, and add in some nominees from our editorial board if we see some overlooked worthies. On Monday, December 26th, we’ll publish the final list. Something to argue about all through the holiday season.
It’s OK to nominate yourself, your client or your boss – better of course to be nominated by a third-party. We’ll look carefully not only at the “who” but your description on “why” you believe in your nominee.
Please note: Members of the media may nominate but may not be nominated – we are not the story.
Last year’s Top 20
1. Tom Vilsack, US Secretary of Agriculture
2. Jeff Broin, CEO, POET
3. Bob Dinneen, President, Renewable Fuels Association
4. Miguel Soldateli Rossetto, CEO, Petrobras Biocombustiviles
5. Jonathan Wolfson, CEO, Solazyme / Harrison Dillon, PhD, CTO
6. Steven Chu, US Secretary of Energy
7. Marcos Lutz, CEO, Cosan
8. Alan Shaw, PhD, CEO, Codexis
9. Marcos Jank, President, UNICA
10. Vincent Chornet, CEO, Enerkem / Esteban Chornet, CTO
11. Steen Riisgaard, CEO / Steen Skjold-Jørgensen, VP for R&D Biofuels, Novozymes
12. Philip New, CEO, BP Biofuels / Sue Ellerbusch, President, BP Biofuels America
13. Brent Erickson, VP Industrial Biotechnology, BIO
14. Jason Pyle, CEO, Sapphire Energy, Cynthia (C.J.) Warner, President
15. Mike McAdams, President, Advanced Biofuels Association
16. Vinod Khosla, Managing Partner, Khosla Ventures
17. Jay Keasling, PhD, Professor, UC Berkeley
18. Patricia Woertz, CEO, Archer Daniels Midland
19. John Melo, CEO, Amyris / CTO Neil Renninger
20. Paul Woods, CEO, Algenol Biofuels
To get you started, here is a link to last year’s list: