In Minnesota, BioAmber raised $30 million in its Series C round of financing with $20 million invested in November by Naxos Capital, Sofinnova Partners, Mitsui & Co. Ltd. and the Cliffton Group, and a second tranche of $10 million on February 6th, 2012 closed with specialty chemicals company LANXESS. BioAmber and LANXESS are jointly developing phthalate-free plasticizers and expect to begin sampling succinic-based plasticizers in 2012.
The companies are also collaborating in Sarnia, Ontario, on the establishment of BioAmber’s first world-scale bio-succinic acid manufacturing facility. LANXESS will be joining the BioAmber board of directors and has named Jorge Noguiera as its board representative. Jorge Nogueira is the Head of LANXESS’ Functional Chemicals business unit.
- Polaris Partners leads round of $14.5 million Series A financing for AgBiome
- BP, Unlilever among investors pouring $49M into ZeaChem, Chromatin, Agradis
- Oxygen for High Altitudes: 17 Biofuels ventures raise $434M in equity
- LS9 raises $30M, adds BlackRock – what does it mean?
- Biofuels Digest announces Advanced Biofuels Markets, November 9-10 in San Francisco
- BioAmber's $150 Million IPO: The 10-Minute Version
- Unilever invests in Solazyme: search for palm oil substitute expands algae's universe
- Sapphire Energy closes $144M Series C investment round
- LanzaTech raises $58M in Series C round; Petronas becomes strategic investor
- Codexis zooms, Solazyme maintains lead in 30 Hottest Companies in Renewable Chemicals & Biomaterials voting
- The Biorefinery Project of the Future – Part 3 of 10 – adding renewable chemicals production
- Game change, name change: Solix raises $16M, changes name, focus
- The Washington Compromise
- Segetis raises $25.5 million in Series C round; Saudi Basic Industries joins as strategic investor
- Amyris announces $133 million equity sale, partnerships, investments, JVs with Total, P&G, Cosan, Soliance, M&G
Category: News Analysis, Top Stories