Tag: Tereos

Tereos finalizes purchase of Petrobras’ 45.9% Guarani stake

Tereos finalizes purchase of Petrobras’ 45.9% Guarani stake

February 7, 2017 |

In Brazil, Tereos made the $202 million cash payment and other conditions set out for the purchase of Petrobras’ 45.9% stake in Guarani, making the French company the 100% sole owner of Guarani’s eight sugar and ethanol assets in Brazil and Mozambique. The deal was agreed in December as Petrobras’ final divestiture from the ethanol […]

Read More

Petrobras sells Guarani stake to Tereos for $220 million

Petrobras sells Guarani stake to Tereos for $220 million

December 29, 2016 |

In Brazil, Petrobras sold its 49% stake in Guarani to French sugarbeet cooperative Tereos for $220 million as part of its on-going asset divestment following several years of significant financial losses coupled with a very public corruption scandal. Tereos already owns the remaining 51% of the sugarcane company that owns seven mills producing ethanol and […]

Read More

Tereos to open ethanol trading desk April 1

Tereos to open ethanol trading desk April 1

October 5, 2015 |

In France, Tereos is preparing to dive into ethanol trading on April 1, the start of its trading year, following the set up last year of Tereos Commodities when it began trading sugar. The new ethanol desk will be led by Laurent Ibars who previously traded commodities for Raizen and Cargill. The company produces 1.9 […]

Read More

Tereos ethanol productions soars more than 16.5% but profits sink

Tereos ethanol productions soars more than 16.5% but profits sink

June 10, 2015 |

In France, Tereos produced 16.5% more ethanol at 1.9 million cubic liters during the year through March, in addition to more sugar and more starch, but profits fell 90% due to low prices for all three products. The company is trying to further consolidate ahead of the reform of the EU’s sugar market in 2017 […]

Read More

European Commission raids Abengoa and Tereos in ongoing price fixing enquiry

European Commission raids Abengoa and Tereos in ongoing price fixing enquiry

April 8, 2015 |

In Belgium, the European Commission has extended its investigation into possible ethanol price rigging with unannounced inspections at Abengoa and Tereos’ facilities. Lantmaennen Agroetanol AB and Alcogroup’s Alcodis were raided last year and Platts, BP Plc, Statoil ASA, Royal Dutch Shell Plc and Argos Energies were raided in 2013, which kicked off the investigation. Abengoa […]

Read More

Tereos to raise up to $178M for bio-based expansions in Brazil China, France

Tereos to raise up to $178M for bio-based expansions in Brazil China, France

June 14, 2012 |

In Brazil, Tereos Internacional, a sugar, starch and ethanol producer, plans to raise between $121.7 million (252 million reais) and $178.7 million (370 million reais) in a capital increase to develop its starch activities in China and Brazil, and widen its activities at an ethanol plant France. Current shareholders will be offered a subscription right […]

Read More

Tereos, Petrobras, Petromoc ink pact for Mozambican biofuels

Tereos, Petrobras, Petromoc ink pact for Mozambican biofuels

December 21, 2011 |

In Mozambique, France’s Tereos International and Brazil’s Petrobras have signed an MOU with the country’s oil company Petromoc to study ethanol production and domestic sales. Petrobras has already partnered with Tereos in its 1.2 million metric ton per year sugar mill in Sena.

Read More

Deinove rakes in $2.38M after reaching cellulosic ethanol milestone

Deinove rakes in $2.38M after reaching cellulosic ethanol milestone

May 31, 2011 |

In France, Deinove announced the receipt of a $2.38 million payment from Oseo (the French state innovation agency), the second tranche in the DEINOL cellulosic ethanol project. The payment was triggered by achievement of the first key R&D milestone in the Deinol project – the selection of a robust, thermophilic Deinococcus base strain for use […]

Read More