Tag: United Kingdom

COP24 brings new bioeconomy strategy from UK, $200B from World Bank and more

COP24 brings new bioeconomy strategy from UK, $200B from World Bank and more

December 9, 2018 |

Amid rumors of President Trump’s coal and fossil-fuel side event at COP24 (the 24th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change) in Poland this week and a Swedish 15 year old climate activist who tells it like it is, all hope for biofuels and bioenergy is not lost with […]

Read More

August biodiesel sales more than double on year in UK

August biodiesel sales more than double on year in UK

September 26, 2018 |

In the United Kingdom, S&P Global Platts reports that biodiesel sales in the UK hit a record high in August of 133 million liters, up 14% on the month and more than doubling on the year, according to customs data. Ethanol sales also reached the highest so far this year at 67 million liters, up […]

Read More

New biofuel targets go into effect in UK

New biofuel targets go into effect in UK

April 15, 2018 |

In the United Kingdom, British biofuel targets that took effect over the weekend “will double the use of renewable fuels in the UK transport sector in 15 years and reduce reliance on imported diesel,” the government told Reuters. The new targets demand transport fuel suppliers that sell at least 450,000 liters a year or more […]

Read More

GIB publishes their first Annual Report

GIB publishes their first Annual Report

June 27, 2013 |

In the United Kingdom, Green Investment Bank has published its first Annual Report, for the period to 31st March 2013. The report is published to coincide with Annual Review meetings in Edinburgh and London, where the Executive Team will present the results to a wide range of stakeholders. Business Secretary Vince Cable stated, “The Green […]

Read More

NVM invests £3 million in Cleveland Biotech

NVM invests £3 million in Cleveland Biotech

June 19, 2013 |

In the United Kingdom, NVM Prive Equity has invested £3 million to support the £4.4 million management buy-out of Cleveland Biotech, a provider of environmentally friendly biological waste treatment products. The change in ownership will allow the management team to build the business organically, taking advantage of the significant growth potential in existing and new […]

Read More

Albion Community Power launched to invest £100 million in renewable energy

Albion Community Power launched to invest £100 million in renewable energy

June 13, 2013 |

In the United Kingdom, Albion, a venture capitalist, has launched Albion Community Power with plans to raise as much as £100m in the next four years to invest in renewable energy projects. According to an article in reNews, ACP is seek opportunities in biogas, biomass, hydro, solar, and wind – anything with feed in tariffs. […]

Read More

Green Investment Bank publishes market report on anaerobic digestion

Green Investment Bank publishes market report on anaerobic digestion

June 13, 2013 |

In the United Kingdom, the Green Investment Bank has published its first market report on anaerobic digestion. The report gives an overview of the issues facing the market and identifies the opportunities, and barriers, for investment. The findings of the report will be used to inform GIB’s strategy on the potential for debt investment in […]

Read More

TMO and Usina Santa Maria to launch first 2G commercial cellulosic ethanol production plant

TMO and Usina Santa Maria to launch first 2G commercial cellulosic ethanol production plant

April 18, 2013 |

In the United Kingdom and Brazil, TMO Renewables and Usina Santa Maria Ltda have entered into an agreement to form a joint venture to build the first commercial production plant in Brazil to convert sugar cane waste to ethanol. Under the MOU, TMO in joint venture with Usina, will build, own and operate a 10 […]

Read More

B&Q to run lorries on Gasrec Bio-LNG

B&Q to run lorries on Gasrec Bio-LNG

March 1, 2013 |

In the United Kingdom, B&Q is working with Gasrec to operate fifty dual fuel lorries with Bio-LNG, comprised of 60% bio-based methane. The methane is sourced from sewage and/or residential food waste.  The other 40% of the fuel is traditional LNG. The article in Energy Global also reports that B&Q has received a planning consent […]

Read More

Croda to supply rapeseed product to Encos for bio-polymer in EncoSol

Croda to supply rapeseed product to Encos for bio-polymer in EncoSol

October 18, 2012 |

In the United Kingdom, Croda Europe has agreed to supply the rapeseed-based product for Encos’ first and follow-on plants from the Croda facilities in Hull and Gouda, The Netherlands. A number of other promising binder additives from the Croda range also have been evaluated during extensive laboratory and pilot plant trials. The product from Croda […]

Read More