Full-Time Chemical Engineer
Sierra Energy is commercializing a revolutionary gasification technology for the conversion of different solid and liquid material types into a clean intermediate syngas (primarily CO and H2) that can be converted into liquid fuels, hydrogen, electricity and chemicals. The engineering team is focused on designing distributed small-scale standardized platforms that can be readily-deployed to a number of project locations within a very short time frame.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, multi-faceted team in a work environment that offers variety and demands attention to detail and a willingness to be flexible.
ONLY LOCAL NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Minimum Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
• Modelling processes using ChemCAD, ASPEN, HSC or other similar software, or from first-principles in Excel.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be a self-starter and be able to work autonomously, but also be willing to collaborate as part of a dynamic, multi-faceted team
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• 2+ years experience in Chemical Engineering related activities from chemicals, petrochemicals or refining industries
• EIT/FE certification
• Experience with Process Control strategies and implementation (software and hardware) is a plus.
• Simple/light cover letter (include salary expectations and how quickly you could start should you be successful)
• Works directly with the CTO and Sr. Process Engineers.
• Conduct techno-economic evaluations of novel and existing technologies, including engagement with outside equipment vendors, production of H&MB models, cost analysis, and presentation of results to management.
• Utilize and modify the existing FastOx Gasification process simulation using ChemCAD.
• Pre-FEED design activities to support core engineering team (for example sizing of equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, conducting trade-off analyses).
• Participate in PHAs and review guidelines and regulations for design and operation of equipment.
• Operation and maintenance of laboratory apparatus and test-rig equipment.
• Depending on experience level, this role may have the opportunity to make technology platform improvements and may take an active role in optimization of the process.
• May have to travel (within CA and out of state) to project site and/or various vendors and consulting groups.
Sierra Energy offers a startup culture of fast-paced, creative-thinking, strong team mentality, always exciting, down to earth atmosphere, a no-cost for employee health insurance plan that includes vision, paid vacation and sick leave, flexible schedules, daily lunches, snacks and beverages provided by our corporate Chef, special employee gatherings, outdoor work space, office within walking distance from downtown Davis and the most important benefit is the global impact that you will make working at Sierra Energy!
Sierra Energy’s EEO Statement:
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
Sierra Energy is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sierra Energy provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
How to ApplyONLY LOCAL NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please email your resume and simple cover letter that must include your salary expectations and how quickly you could start should you be successful to [email protected] If you do not include your salary expectations and your potential start date, you will not be considered for the position.
1429 total views, 1 today