Full-Time Senior Vice President, Engineering
Sierra Energy offers a startup culture of fast-paced, creative-thinking, always exciting, down to earth atmosphere, and the following benefits:
• No-cost for employee plus one health insurance plan that includes medical, dental and vision
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Paid time off and holiday pay
• Special employee gatherings
• Discounted tickets to ride the Skunk Train and Sacramento River Train
• The most important benefit is the global impact that you will make working at Sierra Energy! Learn more about us and our technology here: www.sierraenergy.com.
This position leads the strategic directions and is responsible for the company’s engineering, technology and operation’s projects; and oversight of engineering, technology and operations employees.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Serves as a key member of the management team that sets the company’s strategic direction related to product development and engineering capabilities.
• Working with the COO and CFO, develops and oversees the engineering budget.
• Oversees management of contractors, including contract engineers, EPC companies, fabricators, construction contractors, operators, and other contract staff.
• Helps foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the departments.
• Formulates long-term objectives and standards of performance for engineering, operations and technology.
• Assures departments achieve objectives and that projects are completed within budget and timeframe.
• Motivates employees and provides technical direction and guidance when needed; recognizing the role as that of both a leader and support resource/mentor.
• Helps develop a culture of recognition and appreciation.
• Oversees the leadership of a high-performing engineering, technology, and operations teams; oversees the attraction, recruitment, and retention of members of the engineering, technology and operations teams.
• Serves as an active member of the company’s executive team. Provides strategic counsel on engineering and operations matters and policies.
• Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Outstanding organizational and leadership skills as demonstrated by ability to set and handle multiple priorities. Ability to delegate and oversee engineering, technology and operations while effectively working with other departments.
• A team player who understands the importance of relationships and collaboration, both internally and externally. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Ability to manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities. Excels in prioritizing tasks and efficiently managing time.
• Self-starting leader who excels and thrives in high-growth, roll-up-your-sleeve entrepreneurial environment. Ability to self-motivate and to motivate others.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the company and across all technical and businesses units.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with multiple and diverse constituencies such as the leadership team, managers, employees, and contractors.
• Working knowledge of alternative, advanced principles and techniques of process engineering and knowledge of competing and alternative design techniques.
• Competent in plant and system product design. For example, process skids for oil and gas, chemical plants, other oil and gas or chemical industry equipment design.
• Strong technical and engineering skills. Ability to learn quickly and to find workable solutions to complicated technical questions. Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time.
• Knowledge of relevant software (ASPEN) preferred.
• Has an understanding of instrumentation/control systems and their use.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, as well as sound judgment and personal and professional integrity.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and effectiveness.
• A sense of humor would be welcome.
Supervisory: Directly supervises the Vice President of Technology, the Engineering Manager and the Plant Supervisor. Indirectly manages approximately fifteen employees across two departments.
Level of Supervision: Receive very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; usually exercise independent discretion and judgment regarding significant matters; operate within company guidelines using independent discretion or judgment to achieve assigned objectives.
Education and Experience:
The Sr. VP, Engineering is a fully competent and knowledgeable engineer and leader with experience executing projects that are similar to the company’s products (for example, experience with refinery, chemical plant, or similar project execution including engineering, development, procurement, construction, commissioning, start up, and operations).
• At least fifteen years of industry engineering experience, with at least 10 years as a leader in technology, engineering or alternative energy industry.
• Experience collaborating with executive team on strategy development and setting goals and objectives.
• Experience working in small organizations, preferable start-ups.
• Experience collaborating with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
• Experience as an “out of the box thinker” must be key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in engineering (Master’s or Ph.D. is strongly preferred).
• Project management and development experience.
• Experience with oil and gas process or chemical projects and development of process design packages deliverables such as simulation modeling, equipment datasheets, P&ID development, relief valve calculations, etc. is required.
• A basic understanding of the following is preferred:
o Thermodynamic and kinetic fundamentals that apply to iron and steelmaking processes;
o Metallurgical processes and refractory interactions;
o Field installation, preheating, and dryout of refractory products;
o Start-up, and shut-down, of blast furnaces
Working Conditions and Travel
Well-lighted, heated, and air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Overnight travel accounts for 15% of the annual work hours, while local travel (within the greater Sacramento region) is approximately 5%.
How to ApplySend letter of interest and resume through Indeed.com
464 total views, 2 today