Full-Time Director of Strain Engineering
Arzeda is seeking a director of strain engineering who has a passion for microbial engineering to achieve superior industrial performance. Arzeda is a dynamic biotech start-up at the forefront of the synthetic biology revolution. Leveraging our core expertise in computational protein design, high-throughput screening and metabolic engineering, we design novel proteins and metabolic pathways enabling market production of bio-solutions that are sustainable, performance enhancing and create economic values for our customers and partners. A “deep tech” company, we are passionate about our work and our vision to use big compute to better engineer biology for industrial applications.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for:
• Set up and lead Arzeda’s strain construction and engineering platform and supervise a small team of associate scientists
• Build and operate a strain engineering platform able to rapidly perform integration of computationally designed, in vitro validated pathways
• Devise and implement metabolic engineering strategies to rapidly improve productivity, titer and yield
• Interface with the Arzeda’s analytical, genetic design-build, fermentation and downstream process teams
• As needed, interface with industrial partners and contract manufacturing organizations for process scale-up
PhD in metabolic engineering, microbiology or equivalent with a minimum of 10+ years experience in an industrial setting is required for this job. Demonstrated ability to engineer industrial strains (E. coli, yeasts or Bacillus) that have been successfully used at scale is a must. Ability to rapidly deploy traditional techniques of metabolic engineering (rational, semi-rational and evolution-based) is expected. Experience with, or desire to learn, newer approaches including CRISPR/Cas9, multiplexed fermentation systems such as Sartorius Ambr250, and big databased techniques are all pluses. Proven experience with the fermentative production of industrial enzymes and proteins, while not required, will move you to the front of the pack. Preference will be given to candidates that have a proven track record to successfully lead teams and deliver on project goals.
The successful candidate must be willing to work in a small, driven environment under time pressure, be able to work autonomously and possess strong interpersonal skills. Finally, Arzeda seeks and greatly values a strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged.
How to ApplyFor further information about this position and to apply please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] Arzeda Corp. (www.arzeda.com) is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace.
1726 total views, 1 today