Full-Time Director, Process Development
Lygos is a biotechnology company developing novel technologies for the fermentative production and subsequent purification of commodity and specialty chemicals. Lygos identifies expensive, environmentally hazardous, and harmful petrochemical production processes and replaces these with safe, renewable routes to the same products. Lygos is currently scaling the integrated production process for malonic acid, its first product.
The successful applicant will be expected to lead Lygos’ chemical engineering efforts, including, bench-top scale process development and integrated process scaleup through pilot and commercial production. A team of scientists/engineers will support the applicant and the applicant will be expected to manage the downstream purification team’s day-to-day operations. A particular emphasis is placed on downstream process development and scaleup, but fermentation process scaleup is anticipated to also be an aspect of the applicant’s skillset.
• Lead development of bench-top scale downstream processing efforts, including optimization of bench-top scale unit operations and preparation of associated technical transfer data and protocol packages
• Serve as engineering lead on technology transfer to third-party production facilities; periodic travel may be required
• Prepare engineering and technical data packages, including Aspen models (or similar)
• Work with third-party consultants and technology vendors to finalize integrated process design and spec equipment
• Contribute to bench-top scale fermentation process development
• Work collaboratively with Lygos team members, including Synthetic Biology, Metabolic Engineering, and Fermentation
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Degree in Chemical Engineering
• 6+ years industry experience working on bio-fuel or bio-chemical process development
• Relevant experience scaling integrated bio-manufacturing processes through at least pilot-scale production and ideally commercial scale production
• Scientist/Engineer management experience
• Aspen Plus or similar software experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and collaboration
SECONDARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL CONSIDERATIONS
• Ability to motivate team members and support a strong, healthy, collaborative laboratory culture
• Strong hands-on technical abilities
• Experience in a startup environment, particularly bio-based chemicals production, a plus
How to ApplyPlease apply at https://lygos.workable.com/j/273266A7D4.
934 total views, 1 today