Full-Time General Manager
*Position is located in Glenville, MN
ABOUT POET BIOPROCESSING
Our 28 bioprocessing facilities produce over 1.9 billion gallons of ethanol, 5 million tons of Dakota Gold distillers grain animal feed and 600 million pounds of our Voila® corn oil each year. That’s a lot of product! In addition we provide CO2 to the beverage industry and contribute to sustainable roadways. We also buy 650 million bushels of corn per year from local producers. It is our role at POET bioprocessing to ensure safe, efficient, and profitable operations at each facility.
Our facilities operate continuously, so you will be leading a cross-functional team who performs shift work on a 24/7 basis. POET Bioprocessing facilities are highly integrated facilities which leverage industry-leading, proprietary technology to monitor and control the process of converting renewable resources to biofuel and other co-products. It is the General Manager’s responsibility to lead a team of approximately 40 team members in the daily operation of a bioprocessing facility. In addition to daily operations, the General Manager has the vital responsibility to train, grow, and develop a team of highly motivated individuals.
If you are an experienced leader interested in a challenging, fast-paced environment working for an industry-leading company where you enjoy solving problems and leading a team, then this opportunity may be the right fit for you.
DURING A TYPICAL DAY (IF THERE IS ONE):
- Nothing else matters without a safe environment! You will foster a culture where safety is non-negotiable.
- Under your leadership, your team will have the autonomy to ensure a highly efficient operation which will maximize profitability while continuing to transform a cutting edge facility.
- You’ll build and maintain relationships with your ethanol and co-product marketing teams.
- With your guidance, team members will ensure regulatory compliance at all levels (BATF, OSHA, USDA, FDA, and state organizations).
- You’ll frequently connect with your team members to guide, coach, and develop them to meet their personal and professional goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to coordinate team members on bioprocessing capital projects.
- You’ll have the honor of partnering with community and political leaders to champion POET’s mission at the local and national level.
- Periodically, you’ll need to get out of the office to connect with local farmers and other key stakeholders in the industry.
- Since we’re all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skill will be put to a lot of other uses!
CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- You are humble and value relationships, yet driven and highly energetic.
- You have grit, the ability to persevere and rally teams to achieve extraordinary results.
- You communicate effectively in writing and in person.
- You have the ability to understand technical and day to day operation of a bioprocessing facility
- You develop team members by encouraging individual initiative to achieve personal and organizational goals.
- You are comfortable with conflict and are able to navigate ambiguous situations.
- You can inspire and help people see the importance of what they are doing.
- You are a change agent.
How to ApplyPlease apply online: https://www.poet.com/careers/view?id=2925 *Position is located in Glenville, MN
29 total views, 4 today