Full-Time Plant Manager
Be a part of the team that built and operates the world’s first and only commercial-scale biobased isobutanol production facility. Agri-Energy, LLC is a team-oriented, isobutanol and ethanol production facility in Luverne, Minnesota and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Gevo, Inc (www.gevo.com). We are looking for a Plant Manager to lead the next phase of growth at the site as we increase our advanced biofuels production and implement new process technologies for low carbon, next generation biofuels. Our goal is to expand our isobutanol production and add biobased jet fuel and isooctane production while maintaining the existing ethanol production.
This Plant Manager will be responsible for safety, operations, maintenance, quality and costs of production. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related field, 10-15 years of experience in plant operations with a strong knowledge of manufacturing systems and financials, possess organizational and project management skills and a strong focus on safety.
• Drive the continued use of Behavior Based Safety to ensure a safe working environment for all employees and to extend an already impressive safety record at the site.
• Responsible for achieving production goals including costs with high safety standards.
• Responsible for overseeing and supporting the EH&S, Quality, Operations and Maintenance functions including identifying opportunities for improvement, providing feedback, and conducting performance reviews.
• Coordinate with EH&S Manager to ensure compliance with all city, county, state, and federal regulations are always met and all systems for regulatory and environmental compliance are maintained.
• Maintain a positive, team-oriented interaction with co-workers.
• Support and lead efforts to maximize plant performance through engaging a variety of experts, facilitating creative problem solving, and implementing process changes in a safe manner.
• Prepare reports, analyze data, and make recommendations for improving plant operations and maintenance.
• Ensure production support systems are maintained. P&ID’s are kept current. Manage DCS and PI systems.
• Working in a team-oriented environment with a demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve high levels of efficiency, quality and safety.
• Holds self and others accountable. Can take and give critical feedback.
• Eager to expand knowledge and skills outside of normal duties. Seeks outside expertise whenever possible to ensure best practices are understood and implemented.
• Preparing and delivering information in a concise, accurate and professionally written format and presenting information in an informal setting.
• Ability to work 12-hour days and flex schedules.
• Analyzing and developing solutions to problems with a strong perspective on financial impact of those solutions.
• Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office products.
• Self starter, able to identify areas for improvement, provide recommendations and follow through to completion.
• Significant time spent in plant which requires climbing ladders and stairs, working at heights, working in confined spaces, working in extremely hot and cold environments depending on weather conditions around a variety of chemical industry equipment.
• May be required to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer. Direct Reports include EH&S Manager, Operations Manager, Maintenance Manager, and Lab Manager. Interacts often with Accounting and Commodities groups and with Project Engineering,
How to ApplyGevo offers a competitive compensation package. If interested, please submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to [email protected] or fax to 303-379-6630. Please no phone calls or agency submissions.
278 total views, 4 today