Full-Time Production Manager
1. Participate in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
2. Supervise process operators on a 24-hour rotating shift schedule.
3. Ensure that process operators are adequately trained, equipped and motivated, so that total manufacturing objectives can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
4. Communicate regularly with all process operators, both individually and as a group, to ensure consistent operation among the shifts.
5. Conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge and contribution of the process operators.
6. Maintain and update operating procedures and training manuals for process operations. Ensure that all process operators are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
7. Provide expectations and parameters to lead operators for plant production.
8. Review the operation of the plant to monitor production and quality, anticipate solving problems in a timely manner and identify opportunities for improvement.
9. Initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
10. Maintain adequate records on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, of key production
variables such as production volume, yield, plant uptime, utility consumption, etc.
11. Provide written reports on plant production.
12. Ensure city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to process operations are met at all times.
13. Direct, maintain, and enforce the safety program for all process operations; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all process operators.
14. Communicate directly with maintenance department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
15. Communicate directly with QA/QC laboratory to ensure effective participation by the process operators in the implementation of QA/QC policies and procedures.
16. Implement programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
17. Monitor use and inventories of process chemicals and supplies. Initiate re-ordering as needed.
18. Drive startup effort at the facility; therefore, participate in staffing effort, lead procedure development, lead operational training effort, identify/secure critical supply and service agreements, lead the operation group during checkout and commissioning of the facility.
19. Assist with interviewing, hiring, and training plant employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor degree in chemical, process or mechanical engineering strongly preferred.
5 years experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred.
Previous management / supervisory experience required.
Strong knowledge of the ethanol production process and technology preferred.
Knowledge of general office equipment required.
Work effectively with the plant’s Distributed Control System (DCS) and instruct others on its operation. Punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines. Ability to maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization. Ability to communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory and professional manner and be able to provide clarification as necessary. Capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminished in work performance.
How to ApplyTo apply to position in Hankinson, please go to http://guardianenergymanagement.appone.com/
1892 total views, 5 today