Full-Time Program Manager 2
Program Manager 2 – 88548
Organization: BE-Biological Systems & Eng
BETO’s Agile Biofoundry (ABF) and Advanced Biofuels and Bioproducts Process Development Unit (ABPDU) have an opening for a Program Manager. This Program Manager 2 position will manage important aspects of the ABFs and ABPDUs development, focusing on performance management of several key work areas of the programs. The Program Manager will also be involved in the planning, development, administration and execution of other key task areas, such as engaging and contracting with industrial collaborators. The Program Manager will be expected to apply knowledge of program and project management to develop and execute activities, policies, and processes that support ABF and ABPDU activities.
What You Will Do:
• Support BETO’s ABF and ABPDU collaboration projects, including task monitoring, tracking and reporting, for multiple projects. Verify and document deliverables, milestones, and accomplishments.
• Develop, maintain, analyze and report monthly performance metrics and targets to assess progress and performance of ABF and ABPDU industry collaboration projects.
• Provide guidance and support to ABF management and subject matter experts in the area of performance metrics – monitoring and analysis. Implement a collection of DBTL metrics utilizing existing and new software infrastructure.
• Work with PIs and leads to communicate expenditures on projects conducted with industrial collaborators at the ABPDU.
• Contribute to the development of a website dashboard to provide at-a-glance views of performance data of the ABF consortia, relevant to BETO objectives, operational processes and key project milestones.
• Coordinate and plan ABPDU meetings with potential industrial collaborators and prepare initial drafts of scope-of-work (SOW), initiate and renew NDAs and MTAs, and manage the SPP and CRADA contracting processes.
• Support the ABF risk management process by producing performance reports and other internal communications for management team decision-making purposes.
• Prepare and coordinate program scheduling working directly with PIs, Lab Leads, and staff from ABF Labs.
• Work with PIs, Lab Leads, and staff from ABF Labs to communicate goals, progress, and accomplishments to key internal and external stakeholders.
• Planning and management of relevant ABF meetings.
• Manage BETO change control process for unanticipated changes in scope, schedule and budget.
• Interface with BETO agency program managers, external customers, collaborative partners and other program representatives.
Additional Responsibilities as needed:
• Provide business and program development support to Principal Investigators and other staff.
• Assist with proposal development including communication with sponsors, budget negotiation, coordination of tasks, and working directly with Principal Investigators to develop proposal materials, scopes of work, and other proposal materials.
• Assist with developing new funding ideas.
• Data analysis to inform program management.
• Support development of academic journal papers based upon project research.
• Support development of conference materials.
• Attend conferences and meetings, as needed.
What is Required:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in the fields of engineering, chemistry, biology or a related field, and/or equivalent of five years’ experience in a related field.
• Experience including program planning, scheduling and budgeting.
• Strong experience in all aspects of project/initiative planning, scheduling, budgeting, execution and collaborative technical work.
• Understanding of accounting and budgeting principles.
• Working knowledge of business processes and operations.
• Proven ability to work independently given knowledge of broad program goals and objectives.
• Ability to identify agency needs and articulate corresponding range of research project options.
• Ability to shape research objectives, design and implement plans, carry out projects independently, and supervise project staff.
• Ability to recognize problems and identify appropriate actions for resolution.
• Ability to analyze, interpret and manage data.
• Strong computer skills, including high proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Google Docs & Sheets and experience with project management tools for scheduling and tracking (e.g., Smartsheet or MS Project).
• Advanced interpersonal skills to coordinate with colleagues, funders and external partners on multi-organization research projects, and to organize a team of diverse colleagues to produce high quality research projects.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to present information on complex subjects in a form appropriate for clients and non-technical audiences and to prepare technical papers for journals and conference and prepare final reports to fulfill contract deliverables.
• Ability to synthesize project results into clear and compelling documents.
• Ability to travel domestically as needed (~10%)
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Experience in the biosciences area and in a research environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge in synthetic biology and/or bioprocess scale-up to enable identification of the needs of different major task teams within the Agile Biofoundry and the ABPDU.
• Demonstrated familiarity with software infrastructure development.
• Strong experience with design and use of performance monitoring systems.
• Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled.
• This is a full-time 1-year term appointment with the possibility of extension or conversion to Career appointment based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing the availability of funds and ongoing operational needs.
• Full-time, M-F, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• Work will be primarily performed at Joint BioEnergy Institute (JBEI) — Bldg. 978, 5885 Hollis St., 4th floor, Emeryville, CA.
Berkeley Lab (LBNL, http://www.lbl.gov/) addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law”.
How to ApplyHow To Apply Apply directly online at http://22.214.171.124/counter.php?id=171589 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
4399 total views, 2 today