Full-Time Risk Management Consultant – Green Tech Solutions
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re’s US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world’s preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Within Munich Reinsurance America, Inc., Green Tech Solutions, Corporate Insurance Partner pools expert resources and know-how in the field of renewable energies. Numerous innovative insurance solutions for bioenergy, energy storage, fuel cells, photovoltaic, concentrated solar power, wind and other green technologies such as LEDs are being offered by this team in its worldwide activities. These innovative solutions offer stakeholders all along the value chain the requisite stability and security to master the challenge of the energy turnaround.
Founded in 2010, the group is comprised of two dozen renewable energy specialists in Munich, Hong Kong, Tokyo and San Francisco, including technical experts, corporate finance veterans and experienced underwriters. We have supported billions of dollars of projects worldwide, with clients in six continents.
Future focused and always one step ahead
This person will apply specialized chemical and engineering knowledge to assess new technologies, develop and structure new risk transfer solutions and identify potential exposure to risks underwritten in Green Tech Solutions with a focus on BioEnergy, BioFuel and Waste to Energy technology.
As a Risk Management Consultant, you will be responsible for:
Risk Assessment and Underwriting
- Assess and evaluate new green technologies, with a clear focus on Bioenergy and Waste to Energy.
- Advise colleagues and clients on impact on risk from technological change, support structuring and modelling of new, mostly performance related risks.
- Provide an expert engineering service to colleagues and stakeholders and so contribute to our overall profitability.
- Closely cooperate within the team to develop a sound and attractive solution for our clients
- Negotiate with stake holders on risk transfer capabilities and technical coherencies
- Support the global GTS team in reaching their financial targets.
- Lead the technical scope of developing new risk transfer solutions.
- Identify technical insurability of new engineering developments and technologies
- Cooperate with young startups as well as established cooperates in developing new risk transfer solutions
- Establish and maintain intimate knowledge and contact with the Green Tech ecosystem, staying on top of market developments and client needs.
- Advise and guide market participants on risk scenarios and possible solutions
- Promote Green Tech Solutions’ capabilities and competencies
Seminars and Media:
- Participate in market events, demonstrating Munich Re’s capabilities and competencies in developing new risk transfer solutions
- Devise, organize and assist in successful delivery of Green Techn Solutions concepts and coverages to the market
- Support claims settlements, evaluate claim reports and where necessary carry out claim surveys to validate the basis of the claim settlement.
- Capture and document required risk information.
- Keep a general survey of technological market trends and developments
- Document risk assessments and client interaction
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Mechanical/Chemical Engineer with a Masters Degree or PhD with a minimum of 5-7 years practical engineering-industry experience
- Sound industry knowledge and network
- Profound experience with BioEnergy, Waste to Energy or BioFuels.
- Negotiation and relationship marketing skills.
- Excellent analytical, language and communication skills
- Willingness to work in an international team over different time zones
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Proven ability to handle day to day work with high level of autonomy.
- Ability to explain complex transaction structures to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Up to 50% travel.
How to ApplyContact Karen Chaffkin Skillings, Talent Acquisition Manager at Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. https://www.linkedin.com/in/karen-chaffkin-skillings-ba4755/
851 total views, 3 today