About Aralez Bio
Aralez Bio is harnessing evolution to manufacture green chemicals. By leveraging protein engineering techniques such as directed evolution, we have developed an enzymatic platform to synthesize never-before-seen chemical entities needed for innovations in pharmaceuticals, agriculture, and functional materials.
At present, Aralez Bio is commercializing an enzymatic process for efficient production of nonnatural amino acids using technology developed by the co-founders in Nobel Laureate Frances Arnold’s group at Caltech. Founded in 2019, Aralez Bio is a member of Cyclotron Road, the preeminent fellowship for hard-tech startups, and is based at the Joint BioEnergy Institute at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
We are dedicated to building a world-class company, and are looking for someone who shares our values to join our team. You will be a foundational member of our team with broad research autonomy and a significant equity stake.
- Our team works closely together on a foundation of mutual trust and respect.
- We believe success comes from balancing responsibility and accountability with communication and teamwork.
- We value learning and continuous growth, and we believe that building a diverse and inclusive team helps everyone thrive.
You will be responsible for transitioning biomanufacturing platforms from bench scale to pilot scale. These challenging projects will require multiple competencies, including enzyme engineering, recombinant protein expression, biocatalytic reaction optimization, and fermentation. You are expected to work closely with the co-founders and assume a leadership role as the company grows.
- Optimize protein expression systems in cultures spanning 1 L to >300 L.
- Lead reaction engineering efforts to improve product yield and reduce manufacturing costs at pilot scale while minimizing environmental impact.
- Develop and validate analytical methods to quantify the yield, activity, and purity of the manufacturing process.
- Strong technical background and direct hands-on experience with core biological techniques
- Sound understanding of protein biochemistry and recombinant protein expression in microbial hosts
- Strategic thinking to address technical challenges and provide creative solutions
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, multi-task, and remain flexible and motivated in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent communication skills including keeping good records, writing grants and reports, and designing SOPs
- Proven teamwork, negotiation, leadership, and project management skills with the desire to further develop these skills as the company grows
- Experience with synthetic chemistry, particularly with small molecules or biocatalytic reactions
- Familiarity with analytical chemistry techniques
- D. with 3+ years of industry experience or BS/MS degree with extensive industry experience
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
How to ApplyPlease email your application to [email protected]
262 total views, 3 today