Full-Time Senior Bioproduct Scientist
S2G Biochem is a clean technology company focused on the commercialization of bio-glycol production based on its proprietary Sugar-to-Glycol (S2G) process conversion technology. Our customers, producers of common household and industrial products, use biochemical glycols produced by S2G and its partners as an environmentally friendly, sustainable product with equivalent cost and quality to glycols sourced from petrochemicals. S2G’s product offers significant added value to sugars and supplies glycol users with a clean alternative to petrochemicals.
S2G currently has an opening for a full time, permanent position for a Senior Bioproduct Scientist. This position will be Vancouver, BC based, however will require semi-regular travel to project sites within Canada, and potentially the US in future. Reporting to the President and the Director, Process, the Senior Bioproduct Scientist is a key member of a multi-disciplinary team driving commercialization of the Company’s technology. An ideal candidate will be a well-rounded Chemical Engineer or Chemist with a background in research, development and commercialization of sugar-based biochemical processes. In addition, the successful candidate will be highly motivated, self-directed and action-oriented and a motivated communicator and mentor. Please see the responsibilities and qualification requirements for this significant position outlined below.
• Coordinate and ensure the timely delivery of the technical deliverables for technical/engineering studies of potential commercial project(s) based on the Company’s technology (the Project).
• Work closely with the Company’s scientists and technical organization to design and execute a laboratory test program to address technical risks of the Project. Compile & verify the quality of data, improving the Company’s quality assurance program. Analyze results and adapt Company technology to the unique needs of the opportunity.
• In consultation with Company scientists and pilot plant management, prepare a test plan for pilot plant runs in support of the Project, coordinate and assist in pilot runs, compile & verify the quality of data and analyze results.
• In consultation with technical engineers and operations staff, support coordination of process modelling and capital/operating cost estimates for the Project, including providing necessary process data from lab and pilot runs.
• Prepare and maintain written reports and databases on lab, pilot & economic analysis results in support of Project deliverables.
• Present Project results to Company and Partner.
• Develop a deep understanding of the Company technology – strengths and issues – and identify opportunities to improve it.
• Assist in advancing other technology programs as directed by management.
• Identify and disseminate new IP developed through the Project to other Company technical programs.
• Mentoring team members.
• Other tasks as reasonably requested by the Director, Process.
• Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with an in-depth understanding of wood chemistry and cellulosic sugars, biofuels and polymers that can be derived from them.
• Demonstrated passion for clean technology.
• Experience in economic analysis and risk assessment of new technology.
• > 1 year of relevant job experience in an entrepreneurial environment and biotechnology.
• Experience with laboratory and pilot plant operation.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute research test plans.
• Good grasp of engineering principles and experience assessing simple and complex systems.
• Project management experience in oil & gas, chemical, biotechnology and/or other process industries.
• Strong written skills, with experience preparing technical reports.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks independently in a collaborative team environment.
• Engage with high level of creativity and ability to develop novel solutions to technical challenges.
How to ApplyIf you meet the above requirements and would like the opportunity to develop a career in an exciting, emerging business, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
444 total views, 2 today