Full-Time Sr. Project Manager
Sr. Project Manager – Government Projects
Location: Skokie, IL
LanzaTech’s award winning technology is revolutionizing the way the world thinks about waste carbon by treating it as an opportunity instead of a liability. LanzaTech’s unique gas fermentation process provides a sustainable pathway to produce platform chemicals that serve as building blocks to products that have become indispensable in our lives such as rubber, plastics, synthetic fibers and fuels. With partner technology, LanzaTech is also becoming a leader in the sustainable aviation fuel space.
This senior technical position will be accountable for project management of large and complex projects. This role directly interfaces with all the major stakeholders in a project including government regulatory and funding entities, sub-contractor and partner groups, as well as internal technical SME’s, business development and senior leadership.
The senior project manager candidate is required to have previously demonstrated expert level skills in project management and in addition to have extensive experience in project managing both outward and inward facing chemical or biology based scientific and engineering resources in either an industrial or government based setting.
Accountabilities of this Position Include:
Managing fermentation and chemical engineering based projects through all stages of project management including design, planning, coordination, tracking and implementation with partners, contractors and government entities.
Development of procedures and workflows to support the achievement of the project technical and financial objectives including scheduling, tracking, and status updates.
Leading independent technical reviews and analysis involving interdisciplinary scientific, engineering, planning and implementation of these projects with internal and external resources.
Interpreting through SME input and applying regulatory requirements to ensure projects meet the basis for technical specification, technical specification changes, design modifications and licensing issues.
Leading operational and safety reviews and evaluations as well as reviews of completed designs to select optimum design, cost estimation and alterations.
Travel as needed to client facilities and other locations for meetings, reviews and support.
• The Senior Engineering Project Manager requires either a Bachelor of Engineering degree and 15 years of relevant experience or 20 years of relevant experience, with at least 5 years of project management experience.
• Relevant experience is defined as professional level experience with chemical or biological based engineers in an industrial or government based role which required both internal and customer facing operations, technical or project management.
• Experience interacting with government agencies for permitting requirements and executing government-funded projects preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in specific engineering tools such equipment cost estimators e.g. ICARUS, P& ID standards from ISA, ANSI and other regulatory bodies and HAZOP requirements.
• Able to work in a general office and desk environment.
• Sitting and working at a desk for long durations.
• Working on a computer for long durations.
• Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
How to ApplyPlease apply directly to our website at: http://www.lanzatech.com/careers/
844 total views, 4 today