Full-Time Director, Commercial Development
Title: Director, Commercial Development
Salary: $150,000 – $175,000 (Based on experience)
Outlined specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by all employees. Essential Functions are not intended to reflect all duties performed.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2010, Oberon Fuels, Inc. is an innovative, CA-company focused on challenging the status quo to enhance lives and energize the world. We implement this vision by converting waste streams, such as dairy manure and pulp mill waste, to innovative, ultra-low-carbon or carbon-negative fuels such as dimethyl ether (DME).
DME is a powerful molecule that can be used to decarbonize transportation in three ways: 1) as a diesel replacement, 2) as a blending agent with propane to reduce its carbon intensity, and 3) as a hydrogen carrier to power fuel-cell, electric vehicles. Oberon’s DME is a cost-effective, low-carbon, zero-soot alternative to petroleum diesel. Additionally, when blended with propane, DME can significantly reduce this commonly-used, clean-burning fuel’s carbon intensity. In addition, DME is also a cost-effective carrier for hydrogen, making it easy to deliver renewable hydrogen for the growing hydrogen fuel cell vehicle industry. Taken together, Oberon can provide the US and global transportation sectors with practical and affordable pathways to zero-emission mobility.
We are proud to be part of a growing coalition of forward-looking vehicle manufacturers, infrastructure developers, and fuel providers who are 100% committed to making DME a key to the long-term sustainability of our local, national, and global economies. We are changing the world, one molecule at a time…and looking for team members to help move our vision forward!
Job Summary and Responsibilities
Reporting to the CEO, Oberon’s Director of Commercial Development will build upon the company’s 10 years of developmental work to bring DME from the testing phase to commercial deployment. This role will work across the supply chain, sourcing production feedstock as well as leading market development projects.
- From the leadership/management corner:
- Ability to collaborate across all levels and departments of the organization
- Self-starter who can work with minimal information to address ambiguous problems
- Demonstrated strengths in working in highly cross-functional teams
- Exhibits bias towards action with strengths in executing and influencing
- On the production side, this role will:
- Procure long-term DME feedstock for Oberon’s current facility in Brawley, CA
- Leveraging the company’s regulatory and engineering teams, develop from the ground-up, Oberon’s next production facility including site location, feedstock agreements, and project partners
- In partnership with Oberon’s regulatory and legislative teams, work with state and federal governments on regulatory, grant, and project support issues
- Long-term, build a commercial development team to support these efforts especially on the engineering and regulatory fronts
- On the market development front, this role will:
- Lead the company’s demonstration projects for the deployment of DME as a blending agent with propane and as a hydrogen carrier.
- Defining new geographical and industrial markets, identifying opportunities, and initiate new projects to expand the market for DME in the transportation sector and beyond.
- As a company evangelist, the candidate must be able to clearly articulate technical and operational information to a wide variety of audiences.
Requirements: Education, Traits, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – technical background preferred but not required
- 10+ years of experience – emphasis on ability to absorb and master new information, willingness to tackle diverse, low or high level tasks and take initiative
- Has the ability to source, identify, and build relationships with key decision maker’s
- Experience working in the agricultural or waste industry and/or transportation sector a plus
- Experience sourcing, developing, negotiating, and closing contracts
- Initially, virtual position. Relocation to San Diego, CA negotiable
- In a post-COVID world, flexibility to travel up to 50%
- Sense of humor
The Oberon Fuels team is excited about its continued growth and is looking for people to join us in bringing DME to market to enable cleaner air, increased economic opportunity, and reduced emissions for all. Please visit our careers page on OberonFuels.com or the Oberon Fuels jobs section on LinkedIn. Employment is subject to successful background check and drug testing.
EEO Employer: Oberon Fuels is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
How to ApplyTo apply, please fill out this form and submit your resume and cover letter.
811 total views, 3 today