Full-Time Director, Regulatory and Governmental Affairs
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2010, Oberon Fuels, Inc. (Oberon) is an innovative, CA-based company focused on challenging the status quo to enhance lives and energize the world. We implement this vision by converting waste streams, such as dairy manure and pulp mill waste, to innovative, ultra-low-carbon or carbon-negative fuels — like the versatile, hydrogen-rich molecule known as dimethyl ether (DME). In May 2021, Oberon began producing the first-ever renewable DME in North America and operates the only commercial renewable DME production facility globally.
DME is a powerful molecule that can be used to decarbonize transportation in three ways:
- As a blending agent with propane, which can significantly reduce the carbon intensity of this commonly-used, clean-burning fuel.
- As a cost-effective, low-carbon, zero-soot alternative to petroleum diesel.
- As a cost-effective carrier for hydrogen, making it easy to deliver renewable hydrogen for the growing hydrogen fuel cell vehicle industry.
As such, Oberon is proud to be part of a growing coalition of forward-looking vehicle manufacturers, infrastructure developers, and alternative fuel providers who are 100% committed to making DME a key to the long-term sustainability of our local, national, and global economies.
We are changing the world, one molecule at a time…and looking for additional enthusiastic, capable, and creative Team Members to help us move our vision forward!
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the CEO, Oberon’s Director of Regulatory and Governmental Affairs will build upon the company’s successful 10 years of regulatory and legislative work to ensure the necessary regulatory and legal frameworks are in place in California and elsewhere to support Oberon’s overall strategy to deploy DME globally as a means to decarbonize transportation.
- This role will:
- Develop and lead, in alignment with Oberon’s management team, Oberon’s regulatory and governmental affairs strategies.
- Manage Oberon’s contract lobbyists and other consultants on the execution of the company’s strategies.
- Work with Oberon’s contract lobbyists and other consultants to represent Oberon before local, state, and federal policymakers and staff, external stakeholders, and the public.
- Support the work of Oberon’s Commercial Development Team to further develop Oberon’s market presence.
- Work with Oberon’s contract lobbyists and other consultants to identify and manage potential state funding opportunities in support of Oberon’s purposes.
- From the leadership/management corner, the ideal candidate will:
- Be able to clearly articulate technical and operational information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Have the ability to collaborate across all levels and departments of the organization.
- Be a self-starter who can work with minimal information to address ambiguous problems.
- Have demonstrated strengths in working in highly cross-functional teams.
REQUIREMENTS: Education, Traits and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, required. Legal Background is a plus.
- Demonstrated working understanding of California’s legislative and regulatory processes.
- Demonstrated effective leadership working with internal and/or external stakeholders, coalitions, or partnerships.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience working in the federal government, California State Legislature, California Executive Branch (including state agencies), or in local government in a legislative or regulatory capacity.
- Experience working in energy, agriculture, transportation, or waste industry sectors is a plus.
- Possess a working knowledge of and/or professional experience working with or in the federal government or California on legislative and/or regulatory policies relating to the energy, oil, or biofuels industries, or other similarly complex regulated industries. Having a working understanding of California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) is a plus.
- Possess strong organizational, multi-tasking, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Have ability to adapt quickly and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Location: Position entails working remotely.
- Travel: Position requires up-to-50% travel in a post-COVID world.
- Core traits: Grit, Adaptable, Collaborative, Purpose Driven, Sense of Humor
The Oberon Fuels team is excited about its continued growth and is looking for people to join us in bringing DME to market to enable cleaner air, increased economic opportunity, and reduced emissions for all. Please visit our careers page at www.OberonFuels.com or the Oberon Fuels jobs section our LinkedIn webpage. Employment is subject to successful background check and drug testing.
EEO Employer: Oberon Fuels is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please submit your resume here.
250 total views, 4 today