Full-Time Distillation and Extraction Engineer
BioVeritas needs a process development engineer to join an energetic multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineers and operators at our pilot plant in Bryan, TX. If selected for this role, you will support the development of BioVeritas’s bio-based manufacturing technology to convert low-value plant-based feedstocks into high-value carboxylic acids and their derivatives. Our patented distillation and extraction (D&E) technology enables economic recovery of the carboxylic acids. You will oversee startup and operation of the D&E unit, troubleshoot operational and equipment issues, and strive to improve operations and our technology. We are in the process of engineering a demonstration-scale Market Development Unit (MDU); you will support the transfer and implementation of learnings from the pilot plant to the MDU and from the MDU to a commercial facility.
BioVeritas represents an exciting business opportunity. We are working on renewable, sustainable technology and products that can be utilized in a wide spectrum of markets. The atmosphere is fast-paced and hard-driving, but careful and diligent as we strive to operate safely and efficiently. We have an informal culture and a flat structure. We are on a serious mission doing meaningful work, but we have a lot of fun and learn a great deal on the journey.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe and orderly environment at the pilot plant, ensuring compliance with all safety policies and practices.
- Work with Plant Manager, other engineers and operators to ensure consistent, stable operation of the D&E process.
- Provide engineering support for operations and maintenance staff to ensure equipment reliability and maximize safety.
- Study the D&E process to determine process conditions that maximize profitability and safety.
- Support development and refinement of standard operating procedures for the pilot plant and MDU.
- Suggest improvements to the process and develop the required proposals and budgets to implement the improvements.
- Maintain accurate records of pilot operation and experimental data.
- Develop reporting templates so that end users can easily understand current and historical data.
- Provide analysis results in a timely and consistent manner.
- Identify problems with results and report them to the VP of Process Development.
- Some work on weekends may be required
- Limited travel
- BS in Chemical Engineering with at least 3 years of experience in a plant operating or process engineering position.
- A strong commitment to safety.
- Strong problem-solving skills; root-cause analysis experience would be valuable.
- Self-starter and quick learner but must also be an excellent team player and able to collaborate effectively with plant engineers and operators as well as R&D staff and technicians.
- Able to work with pilot- and demonstration-scale equipment utilizing mechanical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills.
- Able to lift 25 lbs and climb ladders.
- Able to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and personal interaction skills.
- Experience with MS Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Comfortable working in an uncertain environment and able to adapt quickly to new learnings and changing circumstances.
- Eligibility to work in the US (no visa sponsorship).
How to ApplySend your cover letter, resume/CV and contact information to [email protected]
359 total views, 3 today