Full-Time General Manager, Corn Plus – Greenfield Energy
General Manager, Corn Plus
Greenfield Global, Winnebago, Minnesota
Greenfield Global provides high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses, improve people’s lives, and preserve the health of the planet. Greenfield is the largest ethanol producer in Canada and owns and operates four ethanol distilleries, five specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers in Canada and the United States. Founded in 1989, Greenfield continually develops more efficient and sustainable technologies and products while shrinking its own carbon footprint. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service. Under its Pharmco and Commercial Alcohols brands, Greenfield delivers hundreds of products to thousands of Life Science, Food, Flavor, Fragrance, and Beverage customers in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Greenfield Global has just purchased its first US based fuel ethanol asset in Winnebago, Minnesota and is looking for a seasoned General Manager to oversee the startup plan with the goal of having a fully functioning facility in the Spring of 2021. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned business professional looking to be a key contributor in the re-start plan, serving as a member of the Business Unit Executive committee and actively participating in the general management of the Renewable Energy Business Unit. A strong presence in the community to establish Greenfield’s presence and tell the Greenfield story will be imperative to this role.
Reporting to the VP and General Manager of the Renewable Energy business unit, the General Manager will be responsible for the safe and efficient operations of the Corn Plus, Winnebago Minnesota Facility (48 million gallons per year). This includes establishing and delivering annual performance targets/results for the facility and the development and execution of a capital program to support short- and longer-term objectives. This role is also responsible for leading the development of a three-to-five-year strategic plan for the facility and for establishing objectives that are consistent with the BU strategy, as well as our Mission, Vision, Core Principles, and Values.
- Hire, grow and retain the distillery team, maintaining a strong Greenfield culture by promoting our core values and principles.
- Develop and evolve the strategy/operational capacity for the three-year business plan of Corn Plus operations aligned with the growth plans while creating an environment that fosters safe and efficient execution.
- Articulate, model and entrench a culture of safety, reliability, quality, and ethics aligned with Greenfield Global’s values across the site. Ensure the site becomes more agile, innovative and market driven, with higher risk tolerance, faster decision-making, effective and efficient execution, and motivated and engaged employees.
- R&D and Project Development: As part of the Executive committee of the BU, approve the development of technology in targeted areas of strategic importance that are included in the BU accountability as established and agreed with the GM and VP.
- Supply Chain: Actively manage the daily activities of Corn Plus operations such that the overall RE & corporate supply chain strategy is robust, aligned and “ahead of the curve.”
- Functional Peer Groups: Provide/Allocate specialized resources to support the peer group mandates and drive best practices and information sharing across the business units.
- Engineering: Establish and deploy policy, standards, and audit function to ensure that engineering activity is effective, optimized and a core Greenfield competency.
- Full cost center accountability for the distillery. Ensure that annual plans are developed per the budget cycle and execute the distillery operations such that those forecasts are met at a minimum.
- Develop and maintain strong relations with State and local government officials, the agriculture community, as well as industry trade associations.
- Regulatory compliance and reporting, and ensuring the plant operates in accordance with ISO and GMP requirements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Applied Science, B.A. Sc., Mechanical, Chemical, or Process Engineering experience. An MBA would be an asset.
- Experience in building strong stakeholder and community relationships, skilled negotiator
- Senior site manager experience with full site accountability in a grain ethanol production is preferred.
- Experience with logistics and supply chain functions.
- Self-motivated team player with experience and proven record of managing teams, developing employees, and achieving results through others.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to ApplyTo apply to this exciting role, email your resume to: Marty Greenaway, Search Consultant Feldman Daxon Partners, Inc. 45 St. Clair Avenue West, Suite 700, Toronto, ON M4V 1K9 [email protected]; 416-515-7600 ext. 231
1134 total views, 2 today