Full-Time Manager of Market Development
Title: Manager of Market Development
Salary: $60,000-$75,000 (based on experience)
Outlined specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by all employees. Essential Functions are not intended to reflect all duties performed.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2010, Oberon Fuels, Inc. (Oberon) is an innovative, CA-based company focused on challenging the status quo to enhance lives and energize the world. We implement this vision by converting waste streams, such as dairy manure and pulp mill waste, to innovative, ultra-low-carbon or carbon-negative fuels — like the versatile, hydrogen-rich molecule known as dimethyl ether (DME). In May 2021, Oberon began producing the first-ever renewable DME in North America and operates the only commercial renewable DME (rDME) production facility globally.
RDME is a powerful molecule that can be used to decarbonize transportation in three ways:
- As a blending agent with propane, which can significantly reduce the carbon intensity of this commonly-used, clean-burning fuel.
- As a cost-effective, low-carbon, zero-soot alternative to petroleum diesel.
- As a cost-effective carrier for hydrogen, making it easy to deliver renewable hydrogen for the growing hydrogen fuel cell vehicle industry.
Oberon is proud to be part of a growing coalition of forward-looking vehicle manufacturers, infrastructure developers, and alternative fuel providers who are 100% committed to making rDME a key to the long-term sustainability of our local, national, and global economies.
We are changing the world, one molecule at a time…and looking for additional enthusiastic, capable, and creative team members to help us move our vision forward!
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Vice President of Commercial Development, Oberon’s Manager of Market Development is an integral part of the commercial development team building upon the company’s 10-years of developmental work to successfully commercialize rDME in the global market. This role works across the organization and with other organizations to create and manage successful market development and product commercialization programs.
- Project Management
- Manage the details of demonstration and testing projects, including project planning, data collection, logistics, regulatory requirements, reporting, and stakeholder meeting
- Assess and determine participation at key market-facing events. Manage logistics of events including tradeshows and conferences to amplify value
- Collaborate with market partners and manage go-to-market and commercialization campaigns
- Market Data and Research
- Conduct market research to identify events, technologies, and partners that provide growth opportunities for rDME
- Identify and catalog available data and research that demonstrates the value of rDME in market applications
- Identify gaps in data and research, and determine the means to fill those gaps through projects and partnerships
- Marketing and Communications
- Coordinate global outreach campaigns for market-facing announcements, thought leadership, and events while assuring that the Oberon brand and message are used properly and effectively
- Collaborate with partners internally and externally to develop presentations, sales materials, collateral, case studies, white papers, talking points, etc. for distribution via multiple channels
- Monitor various media (news, social media, etc.) to identify opportunities to promote rDME in global energy markets and identify content to advance the awareness and adoption of Oberon Fuels’ rDME
REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION, TRAITS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business/marketing related program preferred
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience working in the energy industry, preferably within the renewable energy sector or market development for energy products
- Possess strong organizational, multi-tasking, and written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Location: Position entails working remotely
- Flexibility to travel up to 25% for events and projects
- Core traits: Grit, Adaptable, Collaborative, Detail-Oriented, Sense of Humor
- Entrepreneurial attitude, creative, goal-driven, results-focused, and team-oriented
- Exhibits bias towards action with strength in execution and organization
- Ability to absorb and master new information, willingness to take initiative and tackle low-level through high-level tasks
- Self-starter who can work with minimal information to address ambiguous problems and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Ability to grasp issues in a dynamic start up environment and organize activities to quickly achieve desired outcomes
The Oberon Fuels team is excited about its continued growth and is looking for people to join us in bringing DME to market to enable cleaner air, increased economic opportunity, and reduced emissions for all. Please visit our careers page at www.OberonFuels.com. Employment is subject to successful background check and drug testing.
EEO Employer: Oberon Fuels is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
How to ApplyTo apply please fill out the application and upload your resume here.
205 total views, 2 today