Full-Time Sr. Process Engineer – Bioprocessing
Senior Process Engineer – Bioprocessing
Merrick & Company is seeking a Senior-Level Process Engineer for our Greenwood Village, CO office, to join a team of engineering and design professionals. Merrick is specifically seeking expertise in the Bioprocessing market. Merrick is a market leader in projects involving the conversion of biomass to high value products. The Senior Process Engineer will support and continue to build Merrick’s bioprocessing practice in the US, Canada, and beyond.
Process engineer to work primarily on cutting edge industrial biotechnology and energy projects. The successful candidate will be placed in a key engineering role, working within a multi-disciplinary team to deliver engineering on projects. The candidate needs to have experience engaging with clients in the proposal and early project development stages, to scope and estimate projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Engaging in business development activities, including:
- Early stage client engagement
- Review and responding to RFPs
- Keeping abreast of bioprocessing industry trends and opportunities
- Analyzes equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine appropriate designs.
- Prepares basis of design and reviews process design deliverables.
- Vendor coordination for selection of equipment and instrumentation.
- Reviews and checks the work of other process engineers to determine accuracy and completeness.
- Coordination of design inputs and design activities with other engineering disciplines in a team environment.
- Ability and desire to lead a team of Process Engineers and Designers, and work as the Process Lead on medium to large projects.
- Able to handle multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) Chemical Engineering from an Accredited Program.
- Minimum of ten (10) years related experience and/or training.
- Experience in bioprocessing in the fields of biofuels, bioproducts, foods and protein production.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- In addition, experience in the following process software packages is advantageous:
- Aspen Plus
- Aspen HYSYS
- Aspen Capital Cost Estimator
Certificates and Licenses:
- PE strongly preferred. Candidate is expected to attain PE at earliest opportunity.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, and scanners.
Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick, an employee owned company, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education, and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
How to ApplyPlease apply online at: https://careers-merrick.icims.com/jobs/2585/sr.-process-engineer---bioprocessing/job
111 total views, 1 today