Full-Time Sr. Project Manager
Genomatica develops commercial biobased processes to make widely-used chemicals that enable better, more sustainable everyday products. That enables our partners and leading brands to offer better food packaging, auto parts, clothing, tires, carpets, and more.
We’ve commercialized processes for bio-BDO (for plastics) and for biobased butylene glycol (for cosmetics); and our technology drives the world’s first commercial-scale biobased plant for a major intermediate chemical. We’re working on polyamide intermediates (nylon) and we have more products on the way.
We are looking for an experienced project manager who can drive and manage mid to late-stage development programs requiring significant coordination of internal and external tasks. You’re an excellent multi-tasker. You have strong communication skills, you’re highly proficient using MS Project and leverage it to keep stakeholders focused on their respective timelines and deliverables. You also have experience generating and maintaining risk registers and integrate appropriate mitigation strategies into the program. You have technical familiarity with synthetic biology, high throughput screening, and process scale up, both fermentation and downstream processing/purification. In addition, we consider the following qualifications useful for someone in this role:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Facilitates on-time and on-budget delivery of R&D project milestones through oversight of technical execution, prioritization of tasks, safety, resource management, balancing critical path activities and risk management.
Develops and executes a communication plan to keep all internal and external stakeholders up to date with respect to technical progress, resource utilization, and project priority within the overall portfolio. Ensures project team members understand their roles and responsibilities.
Works closely with Commercial Lead and R&D Leadership to ensure availability of resources at requested time to execute critical project tasks ensuring alignment with priorities across the project portfolio.
Responsible for coordinating activities related to IP including generation of IP and analysis of competitive IP in collaboration with Legal & technical leads.
Qualifications & Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required in order satisfactorily perform in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical or life sciences or engineering, preferably chemical or biological engineering.
- At least 5-8 years project management experience in industrial biotechnology, demonstrated success leading complex projects (>10-20 people, >12 – 24 mos in length).
- Direct people management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated success taking biomanufacturing processes to scale.
- Experienced user of MS Project Professional.
- Highly proficient with MS Office suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience performing risk assessment of projects.
- Understanding of fermentation and common downstream processing unit operations.
- Experience leading technical project teams and instilling the appropriate sense of urgency to deliver on or ahead of schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to make strategic decisions on a project that maximize utilization of resources, increase efficiency, and increase likelihood of success.
- Ability to set execution expectations and hold team members accountable for on-time delivery of tasks.
- Experience having difficult conversations with team members when expectations are not being met.
- Strong communication skills and ability to thoughtfully communicate changes and unpopular decisions as necessary.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will involve working in an office setting and travel to manufacturing sites to support technology transfer, process scale up and commercial manufacturing. In an office setting, this position requires the ability to use computers and office equipment. The position requires communication with other individuals, inside and outside the company, through a variety of methods. There are no specific lifting requirements. This position may require the ability to work outside normal business hours on an as needed basis. Ability to travel to support scale up activities required. Position requires commitment to prioritize safety and safety of team members whether on site in San Diego or on site at the manufacturing facility.
Genomatica is committed to providing exciting career opportunities in an environment that values safety, trust, respect, openness, teamwork, creativity, enthusiasm, and diligence. We strive to create a culture that enables and encourages everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We are committed to be a company where everyone feels they have equal opportunity to reach their potential. Everyone is accepted and appreciated for who they are and what they bring to Genomatica.
We promote the continued development of an inclusive environment that values diversity through Geno4All, our employee led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) committee. We are looking for innovative, highly motivated, and collaborative people who enjoy the challenges and rewards of a company devoted to commercializing cutting-edge sustainable technology.
Check us out on our LinkedIn Life page. Genomatica is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to ApplyPlease apply through the website at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=ad59ae21-92c3-4408-943a-f906b754b7b7&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=435403&source=CC2&lang=en_US
470 total views, 3 today