German company to invest in US$51 million Ethiopian ethanol plant

August 29, 2017 |

In Ethiopia, Germany’s Eugen Schmitt Company will invest US$51 million in a 60,000 liter per day ethanol plant to be co-located at the Wonjo Shoa sugar mill. The plant, whose groundbreaking is planned for the next few months, will become the third mill in the country producing ethanol from molasses. The German investor along with three other companies will own 83% of the facility while the government will own the remaining 17%. The Ethiopian Sugar Corporation owns the sugar mill.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Tags: ,

Category: Producer News

Thank you for visting the Digest.